Welcome to Missionary Transitions!
This has been a strange few months dealing with Covid 19, hasn't it? We are learning to do things differently and taking extra precautions that we simply did not think about. I've thought a lot about my missionary friends serving overseas and how you have been impacted by the pandemic. You were anticipating changes, like speaking a new language and learning new customs, but this is like nothing you would have expected!
God kept bringing people to mind these past few months. I started writing letters in my head, then on the computer that are now becoming blogs. I process my experiences by talking to God about them and writing about them or talking them over with a friend. If some of my musings resonate with you, please feel free to comment. I would love to hear from you too. Let us know how you are coping with this in your country of service. What helps you most? If you want to share creative ideas for carrying out ministry, I can post those too (name & location will be kept confidential).
I have never blogged before so this is a learning experience. Any words of wisdom, helpful hints, etc.? I will try and post once a week, maybe more if I'm processing a lot. I hope this words will strengthen you on your journey!
Yes, your musings resonate. It has been positive for me to focus on good things that have come out of this. Although in my personal experience during this time I haven't seen very many positives, I look around and see God at work! More people are coming to know Him, joining on line groups, reaching out in creative ways. We are resilient in the Spirit.
ReplyDeleteThe song Waymaker has kept me encouaged...He never stops working!!!
Thanks for that Susan! It's true we're seeing positives and negatives from the pandemic. Just finished reading about the situation in Quito, Ecuador posted by Pan de Vida. Lots of people out of work, on the streets, without food - the need is overwhelming but God has abundant resources to meet these needs, we just need to do something, right?
Delete